|Suraiyati binti Rahman(Dr.)
E49 Room 115
School of HBP
USM 11800 Penang, Malaysia
Tel : 604-653 2281
Email : email@example.com
| Suraiyati is a Senior Lecturer in School of Housing, Building and Planning. Her field of interests are in heritage tourism, heritage commodification, sustainable tourism and impact assessment. She is heavily involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and in research student supervision. Apart from that, she also actively involved in school committees, speaker and moderators for conferences and also reviewer for conferences at national level.
Research Grants :National
Establishing An Interpretation Model of Built Heritage Commodification for Tourism in Georgetown, Penang, Kementerian Pendidikan (FRGS), RM68,200, Suraiyati binti Rahman, 1/7/2014 – 30/6/2017
Research Grant : University
Exploring the Heritage Commodification Process of Boutique Hotels in Georgetown, Penang, USM (Short term), RM32,902.50, Suraiyati binti Rahman, 15/8/2014-14/8/2016
Tourism Planning, USM (RUC), RM893,957.48, 1/6/2011-31/5/2016 (Project 2 - Analysing environment protection culture in water-based tourism areas in Peninsular Malaysia : Towards sustainable tourism)
Tourism Carrying Capacity, USM (RUC), RM1,602,862.90, 1/6/2011-31/5/2016
(Co researcher in 2 projects ;Project 1- Physical Impact of Tourism in Islands & Project 2- Social Impact of Tourism in Islands)
Patricia Ng Siew Kim,(on-going), Stakeholders Engagement in Tourism Planning and Development : A Case Study of Melaka Local Authority
Puteri Yuliana Shamsudin (on-going), Exploring Local Youth’s Activity Involvement and Place Attachment in Homestay Programme
Master’s Dissertation (Mixed Mode)
1. Haslil Razif Amir Hasan, (2013) Contributing Factors to Incident in White Water Rafting from the Perspective of Participants and River Guides.
2. Lee Lip Xong, (2014) Exploration of mural arts in portraying the 'Living Culture' in Georgetown, Penang.
3. Nor Wahida binti Hassan, (2014) Knowledge Transfer among Farmers of Durian Orchards in Developing Agritourism Industry in Penang.
4. Nurul Asyikin binti Abdul Rahim, (2015) Reviewers’ Perception of Penang Peranakan Museum from TripAdvisor website.
5. Noor Khairiah Ismail, (2015), Keperluan dan Cabaran Pelacong Orang Kurang Upaya (Penglihatan) Warga USM.
Project (Course Work Mode)
1. Surayahani Binti Mohd Yusof (2013) Perkhidmatan Pengangkutan Pelancongan Teksi sebagai Mod Pengangkutan Pelancong.Shazliza binti Sham, (2014) Adaptasi Program Satu Daerah Satu Industri Dalam Memacu Pembangunan IKS Luar Bandar
2. Muhamad Faris Bin Zulkifli, (2014) Kesan dan Cabaran Pertambahan Bilangan Pasar Raya kepada Perniagaan Peruncitan Kecil di Bayan Baru, Pulau Pinang.
3. Sayedehelham Sadatisayedmahalleh, (2014) Perspective of Tourists on the role of Street Art in Goergetown, Penang.
- Suraiyati Rahman, (2013) Heritage Management Challenges in Historic Town of Ludlow, England, World Applied Sciences Journal 24 (12): 1589-1596, 2013. ISSN 1818-4952
- Seyedehelham Sadatiseyedmahalleh, Suraiyati Rahman and Aldrin Abdullah (2015) Critical Review on the Role of Street Art of George Town, Pulau Pinang, Advances in Environmental Biology, 9(4) March 2015, Pages: 181-184. ISSN-1995-0756
- Seyedehelham Sadatiseyedmahalleh, Suraiyati Rahman and Aldrin Abdullah (2015), Analyzing Street Art to Present the Heritage of George Town, Malaysia, International Journal of Multicultural and Multireligious Understanding, Volume 2, Issue 4 August, Pages: 24-30. ISSN 2364-5369.
4. Yusof, N., Rahman, S. and Iranmanesh, M. (2015) “Effects of Resort Service Quality, Location Quality and Environmental Practices on the Loyalty of Guests within the Malaysian Ecotourism Industry”, Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (accepted and will be published Dec 2015).
1. Suraiyati Rahman and Badaruddin Mohamed, (2013) Establishing A Sequential Explanatory Mixed Method: Physical Impacts of Tourism in Historic Town,Proceedings of the 3rd Regional Conference on Tourism Research, Langkawi, Kedah.
2. M. K. M. Asyraf, Y. Nor'aini and R. Suraiyati, (2013) Rivers, Lakes, and Swamps: Sustainable Approach towards Ecotourism, 3rd Regional Conference on Tourism Research,Langkawi, Kedah.
3. Seyedehelham Sadatiseyedmahalleh, Suraiyati Rahman and Aldrin Abdullah, (2014) Critical Review on the Role of Street Art of George Town, Pulau Pinang, Postgraduate Conference in Built Environment (PGCBE2014), USM.
4. Saliza Rozelee, Suraiyati Rahman, Badaruddin Mohamed, (2015) Tourists’ Perception towards Physical Environmental Attributes of Tourism Impacts in Mabul Island, Sabah, International Conference On Natural Resource, Proceeding of the Tourism And Service Management, 14th to 16th April 2015, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
Chapters in Book
1. Nor Wahida Hassan dan Suraiyati Rahman, (expected to be published 2015) Teori Pemindahan Pengetahuan dalam Agro-Pelancongan in Pembangunan Pelancongan dan Pemerkasaan Ekonomi Luar Bandar , DBP, 20pages.(final editing)
- Suraiyati Rahman, Shida Irwana Omar dan Badaruddin Mohamed, (expected to be published 2015) Pembangunan Pelancongan Warisan: Realiti atau Ciptaan? in Pelancongan Warisan dan Budaya di Malaysia, DBP, 20 pages (final editing)
- Shida Irwana Omar, Suraiyati Rahman dan Badaruddin Mohamed, (expected to be published 2015) Kehendak dan Keperluan Pelancong Warisan di Pulau Pinang in Pelancongan Warisan dan Budaya di Malaysia, DBP, 20 pages.(final editing)
4. Suraiyati Rahman and Hasnanywati Hassan,(expected to be published 2015) Research Framework: Conceptual and Theoritical Framework in Research Methodology in Built Environment, USM, 22 pages. (final editing)
- Nor’Aini Yusof, Suraiyati Rahman, and Mohammad Iranmanesh (expected to be published 2016) Lake Tourism And Environmental Practices in Alternative Tourism, (editor Badaruddin Mohamed), (publisher to be confirmed), 29 pages (final editing)