Cabin A, Room 01
School of HBP
USM 11800 Penang, Malaysia
Tel : 604-6535925
Email : email@example.com
Post-Doctoral, Construction management
|Amir Mahdiyar is a senior lecturer in the cluster of constructing management, School of Housing, Building, and Planning at Universiti Sains Malaysia. He held his PhD from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in the field of construction management. His research areas include green roof installation, cost benefit analysis, risk management, multi-criteria decision-making (MCDM), and probabilistic simulation. In the past three years, he has published fifteen ISI-indexed articles (as a main and co-author) in reputable journals such as Journal of Cleaner Production, Energy, Safety Science, Neurocomputing, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, and Sustainable Cities and Society|
Research grant as a Principal Investigator:
- Project title: Identifying and Assessing the Root Causes Hindering the Adoption of Green Roof in Malaysia
Research grant as a Co-Investigator:
- Project title: Biophilic Infrastructure for Langkawi, Kedah
- Project title: Energy cost saving by applying different insulation layers on precast concrete wall envelope in tropical climate: experimental test on air-conditioning.
- A hybrid risk management model associated with mega construction projects (ongoing)
MSc. by research
- Barriers to the adoption of sustainable approaches in interior design of office buildings (ongoing)
MSc. by coursework
- Property supply and demand mismatch: A study in property developer’s prioritization on customer needs fulfillment (completed)
- Challenges for BIM adoption in Malaysian construction industry (ongoing)
- Obstacles of green building adoption from the project managers’ perspectives (ongoing)
- A mobile application for the safety of workers during lift installation (ongoing)
- The challenges and impacts of 3D concrete printing adoption in Malaysian construction industry (ongoing)
1. Mahdiyar A., Mohandes, SR., Durdyev, S., Tabatabaee, S., Ismail, S. (2020). Barriers to Green Roof Installation: An Integrated Fuzzy-based MCDM Approach. Journal of Cleaner Production. 122365
2. Mahdiyar, A., Tabatabaee, S., Durdyev, Ismail, S., Abdullah, A. Wan mohd Rani, W. (2019). A prototype decision support system for green roof type selection: A cybernetic fuzzy ANP method. Sustainable cities and society, 48, 101532
3. Tabatabaee, S., Mahdiyar, A., Durdyev, S, Mohandes, SR., Ismail, S. (2019). An Assessment Model of Benefits, Opportunities, Costs, and Risks of Green Roof Installation: A Multi Criteria Decision Making Approach. Journal of Cleaner Production. 117956.
4. Mohandes, SR., Zhang, X., Mahdiyar, A. (2019). A Comprehensive Review on the Application of Artificial Neural Networks in Building Energy Analysis. Neurocomputing, 340, 55-75.
5. Sadeghifam, A. N., Meynagh, M. M., Tabatabaee, S., Mahdiyar, A., Memari, A., & Ismail, S. (2019). Assessment of the building components in the energy efficient design of tropical residential buildings: An application of BIM and statistical Taguchi method. Energy, 188, 116080
6. Mahdiyar, A., Tabatabaee, S., Abdullah, A., & Marto, A. (2018). Identifying and Assessing the Critical Criteria Affecting Decision-Making for Green Roof Type Selection. Sustainable cities and society. 39, 772-783
7. Mahdiyar, A., Marto, A., & Mirhosseini, S. A. (2018). Probabilistic air-overpressure simulation resulting from blasting operations. Environmental Earth Sciences.
8. Mahdiyar, A., Armaghani, D. J., Marto, A., Nilashi, M., Ismail, S. (2018). Rock tensile strength prediction using empirical and soft computing approaches. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 77(4), 123
9. Mahdiyar, A., Hasanipanah, M., Armaghani, D. J., Gordan, B., Abdullah, A., Arab, H., & Majid, M. Z. A. (2017). A Monte Carlo technique in safety assessment of slope under seismic condition. Engineering with Computers, 33(4), 807-817
10. Mahdiyar, A., Tabatabaee, S., Sadeghifam, A. N., Mohandes, S. R., Abdullah, A., & Meynagh, M. M. (2016). Probabilistic private cost-benefit analysis for green roof installation: A Monte Carlo simulation approach. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 20, 317-327
11. Bavafa, A., Mahdiyar, A., Marsono, A. K. (2018) Identifying and Assessing the Critical Factors for Effective Implementation of Safety Programs in Construction Projects. Safety Science. 106, 47-56
12. Armaghani, D. J., Mahdiyar, A., Hasanipanah, M., Faradonbeh, R. S., Khandelwal, M., & Amnieh, H. B. (2016). Risk assessment and prediction of flyrock distance by combined multiple regression analysis and Monte Carlo simulation of quarry blasting. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 49(9), 3631-3641
13. Khandelwal, M., Mahdiyar, A., Armaghani, D. J., Singh, T. N., Fahimifar, A., & Faradonbeh, R. S. (2017). An Expert System Based on Hybrid ICA-ANN Technique to Estimate Macerals Contents of Indian Coals. Environmental Earth Sciences. 76:399
14. Armaghani, D. J., Hasanipanah, M., Mahdiyar, A., Majid, M. Z. A., Amnieh, H. B., & Tahir, M. M. (2016). Airblast prediction through a hybrid genetic algorithm-ANN model. Neural Computing and Applications, 29(9), 619-629
15. Mohamad, E. T., Armaghani, D. J., Mahdiyar, A., Komoo, I., Kassim, K. A., Abdullah, & A. Majid, M. Z. A. (2017). Utilizing regression models to find functions for determining ripping production based on laboratory tests. Measurement. 111, 216-225
16. Momeni, E., Poormousavian, M., Mahdiyar, A., Fakher, A. (2018). Evaluating random set technique for reliability analysis of deep urban excavation using Monte Carlo simulation. Computers and Geotechnics. 100, 203-215
17. Faghirinejadfard, A., Mahdiyar, A., Marsono, A. K., Mohandes, S. R., Omrany, H., Tabatabaee, S., & Tap, M. M. (2015). Economic comparison of industrialized building system and conventional construction system using Building Information Modeling. Jurnal Teknologi, 78(1), 195-207
18. Mahdiyar, A., Abdullah, A., Tabatabaee, S., Mahdiyar, L., & Mohandes, S. R. (2015). Investigating the Environmental Impacts of Green Roof Installation. Jurnal Teknologi, 76(1).
19. Mohandes, S. R., Marsono, A. K., Omrany, H., Faghirinejadfard, A., & Mahdiyar, A. (2015). Comparison of Building Existing Partitions through Building Information Modeling (BIM). Jurnal Teknologi, 75(1).