Farhana Mohd Razif (Puan)
Farhana Binti Mohd Razif (Ar.)
Cabin C - Room 07
School of Housing, Building and Planning
|Farhana Mohd Razif joined School of Housing, Building and Planning, Universiti Sains Malaysia Penang in September 2018, as Lecturer of Architecture. She was graduated with Master of Architecture and Bachelor of Architecture (Hons) from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Johor Bahru. Prior to working at USM, Farhana was an architecture lecturer at UCSI University Kuala Lumpur. Her other working experience includes being Autodesk Instructor and Event & Training Manager at Institut Sultan Iskandar, UTM Kuala Lumpur, Program Coordinator and Research Assistant at UTM Johor Bahru. Farhana has experience in assisting Program Director and coordinate the MIT-UTM Malaysia Sustainable Cities collaboration between Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
Farhana’s research interest are on Sustainable Architecture, Building Information Modelling in Architecture, and Tropical Architecture. Her master’s research on Roof Insulation was part of a collaboration research between Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and Hiroshima University, titled ‘Insulation, Energy Efficiency and Thermal Comfort Study in Hot-Humid Tropics’. The outcome of this research are two units of double storey Eco-House at UTM Johor Bahru.
In education, Farhana’s expertise are on CAD related subjects. She has experience in being Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit Instructor at Autodesk Authorized Training Centre, UTM KL. She currently teaches both Advanced Computer Aided Architecture Design and Computer Aided Design for Architecture.
Research Interest Area
• Sustainable Architecture
• Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Architecture
• Tropical Architecture
• Roof Insulation
• Architecture BIM Tools
• Passive Design in Tropical Climate
- Farhana Mohd Razif and Mohd Hamdan Ahmad. (2012) Review of Roof Thermal Insulation and Preferences in Terrace Housing in Malaysia. Sustainability in Built Environment I. (Page 127 – 138) Editors: Mohd Hamdan Ahmad, ISI Publications.
- Farhana Mohd Razif and Mohd Hamdan Ahmad. (2012) Penebat Haba pada Bumbung Rumah Teres di Malaysia: Tinjauan Terhadap Kepentingan dan Penggunaan. Bridging Between Old and New Towards Future Sustainable Built Environment [Seminar] Johor Bahru, 5-7 November 2012, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Hazrina Haja Bava Mohidin, Farhana Mohd Razif and Sulaiman Kadikon. (2012) Pengaruh Islam dalam Politik dan Senibina Pentadbiran pada Zaman Kesultanan Melayu Lama. Jurnal Teknologi (Science & Engineering).
- Mohd Hamdan Ahmad, Leng Pau Chung, Roshida Abdul Majid, Syed Ahmad Iskandar Syed Ariffin, Mohd Zamani Ahmad, Irina Safitri Zen, Farhana Mohd Razif. (2018) Affordable Housing: Open Door House System (ODOORS) as alternative prototype for the Urban Poor. In: Sustainable Urban and Housing Development. Ministry of Public Works and Housing Indonesia: Jakarta.
- Hits: 4471